Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sorry yet again!!

I feel that I often start my post with sorry, due to the fact I blog once every 8 weeks :) Not any more!! Today I bit the bullet and have decide to eat top roman for the next 8 days while I wait for my next paycheck because I paid my entry for the Seattle Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon. I was sacred it would sell out and after talking with my sister she said that I should just do free activities until next week and I should be fine. I have been keeping up with running about 12-15 mile a week not great but enough to where I do not feel overwhelmed by running. I am getting done with pre training this week and start speed training and tempo runs next week. Like I have mentioned before this time I will be doing just three days of running a week to make sure I stay healthy. Recently I have had a groin problem that has flared up on my last two runs ( nothing that I couldn't run through but I do not want to go down the road of injury again so I am keeping an eye on it). I will be doing this half with my sister Dawn who is a little running bean I think. By little I mean she is about 5'10'' and so she groves at a fast pace. She tells me all the time that she does not run that fast and that she would slow it down for me. We shall see how that goes when she is walking and I am at a dead sprint. Wish me luck and that I will not get sick of top roman int he next 8 days ( maybe I can snaggle me a date for one meal to save myself from the roman).

Training for Week 1:

Tuesday: 4x400
Thursday: 3 mile tempo
Saturday: 6 mile long run

Next week I will explain in detail what these trainings do and what it means for me and what my pace will be for each.

1 comment:

  1. Good job KT! Take good care of the muscle pull. Ice etc.

    ReplyDelete