Monday, February 25, 2013

Week One Wrap up

Week one of training is complete and so far so good I only had to modify one workout but other than that I would call it a success.  I find that the sprint work that is in my running program really works I have already gotten faster when I am doing a foundation run.  I am loving the swimming workouts and having a bike trainer really makes getting in the miles in the rainy PNW a lot easier (but a touch more boring).
Thursday's hour long bike:
This was a great ride but can I tell that I have not been in the saddle as much as I need to.  Painful when I got off but all in all I would deem the workout a success Watching a little Top Gun on the lap top while slugging out the miles, makes the fact that you are actually not going anywhere a bit more bearable.

Friday's 1400yrd and 35 min run:
Well I headed to the gym at about 8pm as per usual training friday night. First snag was there was NO parking at the gym.  I was down town so I do not feel comfortable parking and walking to my car because I get out of the gym late.  So I decided I would travel up north about 6 miles and use the gym there.  I got there and bagged the run because I was so excited about the pool and not so excited for another indoor run.  I had 300yd warm up followed by 8, 25yd sprints with 10sec of rest in between, then 6, 100yds (25yds hard 25yds easy) with a 10 second rest period and finished with a 300yd cool down.  I got a new swimsuit and was feel especially fast in the pool that night and had a great workout.

Saturday 35min make up run:
I got to run outside God bless it.  I had shaved on a minuet on my pace which was nice to see those sprints paying off.  Felt great and had a great work out.

Sunday Rest day.
I watched the Oscars and vegged out!! Here is hoping that week 2 goes well.!!!
-RR-

2 comments: