Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Weekend Update ( not by Seth Meyers)

The plan to get back on track has been working great but not without snags.  This past weekend I got to travel to Spokane for a lovely baby shower for a friend of mine.  For those of you out there with a 6 day a week training schedule with 9 workouts in it you know that traveling is hard on a schedule.
Friday:
 I did my swim during my lunch break I had pain in my shoulder that had been there all week and it felt a bit like over use so I am letting my arms rest for a few days after Friday's swim. I skipped the run but I kinda had to but I had a great trainer session on the bike the night before that lasted longer then it was supposed to so I went with it. Knowing I was going to be on the road I pushed it a little harder Thursday night on the bike.
Saturday:
 I needed to spend 2 hours on my bike..... Well I didn't have "my bike" so I asked my mom if I could used hers.  It is a nice Felt but the frame is a bit small for me but a any bike is a better then no ride. So I powered off for my scenic trip around Spokane WA.  Water consumption was a bit difficult because the cage felt like it was on the ground because the seat post was so high but over all  loved riding back home and on my mom's bike.  Things I discovered during this ride... I want a new Bike, Spokane is cold and I also want a new saddle.
Sunday:
This is supposed to be my long run day and long swim with a rest on Monday.  Someone was too tired for a run and had a bbq to go to in Seattle so my time ran short. so I had an impromptu rest day on Sunday. Did some birthday celebrating and headed to bed after the basketball was over.
Monday:
Time for my long run.  Now I believe I was only suppose to run for 50 mins but since I am training for a half marathon in May that training program called for 6 miles so I went for the 6 mile run.  The run was great and I lucked out with great Seattle weather.  I got home around 8pm and it took me about an hour and 20 mins to finish my run but I had a draw bridge break on the way that added some time in:).  Due to the arm pain I am swimming and biking on Tuesday so that I can get a little more rest for my shoulder.  All in all only one workout was postponed and it didn't seam to effect my long run so that is great to see.

I will sending another recap at the end of the week to make sure I keep up with this grueling but awesome adventure of triathlon.  Hopefully with my next update I will be able to tell you that I was a successful with the 8 lbs weigh loss challenge I entered at work. It was a pick your own goal challenge and I chose to lose 8lbs in March I have until the 29th so pray I made it. I am down 6 lbs right now so we shall see....
-RR-

No comments:

Post a Comment