Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Post race blues

   Anyone who has done a big event knows the highs and lows of training and the joy of finishing an event.  I have now found a new portion of this process called the post race blues or laziness is maybe a better name.  I was so excited to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted when it came to my time and diet.  This has resulted in a dusty bike that may still have my race number attached to it because it had not been ridden since the race, a swimsuit that was pulled out only to be used at a water park and my running shoes that have been pulled out one time for a walk to the store.  Needless to say I have given up on being active because it was a big part of my life for so long.  I am now reaping the wonderful benefits of being lazy, like buying a bigger pair of pants to wear to work and looking at people that are out and about exercising like they have done lost their mind.  Well this 6 week lazy bone cocktail fest is OVER!!!  I have Signed up for the Seattle Half Marathon so I can get out there running and feeling good again.  I realize that I was a little brunt out and that I may need to balance working out and life a little better so that I can do both all the time with out feeling like I need to cut out one or the other every 4 months.  So back to a manageable training program of 3-4 day of training a week with short manageable runs during the week and no double days.  My training begins next week with a 4 mile run.  I may need to change the name of my blog again to a Half Marathon adventure.
-RR-

1 comment:

  1. I need to do the same! Get back at it! Go for it Katie!

    ReplyDelete