Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Week one in the books!!

Last week went pretty darn well minus the one day that I cut short and only powered out 1.5 miles because wine was knocking at my door.  The real highlight of the week was my trip home to Spokane to participate in Bloomsday a 14k race with 57k of your closest friends.  It is one of those races that you say sorry at the beginning for bumping into people around you and that "sorry" should cover you for the whole race!  As you know my training only called for a 5mile run but instead I did a 10.3 miles walk and I was not prepared for that.  Live and learn I guess. I was good physically and with my wind but my feet just could not handle the the distance without getting many blisters on them.  It was a great day for an event as my mom likes to call them because she says she is not racing anyone just participating.  I have a few pictures from the day that I stole from my Aunt Patti who flew in from Cali to do Bloomsday with us.  I will leave you with a few pictures of the day and will fill you in on this weeks training later on this week.  As a preview it is much of the same distances as last week as this is just the getting back to running phase.
It is tradition in Bloomsday to throw your unwanted clothes at the start line in the tree to be donated!

The start

The Church that always has their bells ringing and choir singing as the race is always on a Sunday!

Carrying the Flag the whole 7.4 miles!!

This is a picture of the hill of all hills called Doomsday Hill.  


Here is another shot of the hill.

another Bloomsday tradition, the Vulture at the top of the hill to greet you!

There is it almost done Mile 6.


This week I have 2-3-2 and a weekend run of 4 miles.  
-RR-



No comments:

Post a Comment