Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 1's Recap

Training run #1: 4x400:
This was a great little run to get thing started and well it felt easy probably due to the fact that is was short. I cruised through it with no problems at all but because I had taken some time off of my pre training I was a little more sore then I have been in past runs. All in All I give this run a 8 on a 10 scale.
Training run #2: 3 mile tempo Run:
The goal of these runs are to increase my speed I was set for a pace of 11:15sec miles. I missed this goal by about 1 minute meaning I did not run 15 secs under my HMP so this was not a successful tempo run I felt like I was moving pretty good but apparently not. Next time I guess.

First long run is happening today and it is set for 6 mile and I am supposed to run this at my HMP plus 15 secs. This help with stamina to make sure I can continue running for a longer period of time. I should be done with this run in 1 hours and 10 mins. We shall see how this goes it is the longest run I have gone on in quite some time. I am sure I will struggle through it at times so I am just going for finishing the whole thing:)
I will give you the update tomorrow or tonight if things go well.
-RR-

No comments:

Post a Comment