Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 2 recap

Wow I have been a busy bear!!

Run#1 4x800:
I have mentioned a place where I live call Green Lake and it is a 2.8 mile loop and has 1/4 mile marking along the whole thing which I have found to be very helpful on my Interval training runs.
Instead of doing them on a track and getting very bored because I would be making about 14 loops around it. I get to run near water and have a little less repetition. I felt pretty good on this run it is amazing how when you have a few small task to finish it make you time feel like it flies by. You just concentrate on keeping up your speed for just one half mile that's it. Then you get to rest ( and by rest I mean jog at a slow pace to let you HR recover). I got done with my work out and was faily impressed on how short it felt come to find out it was because it was short 31 mins actually. Good run.

Run#2 Tempo 4 miles:
This run started out BAD all my bells and whistles decided not to work so I had no timing, no pace and no distance metering. I did have my trusty stop watch and I have already knew how far I had to run so it worked out. I did this Run in 43 mins. These i feel are the most difficult runs because they are made for you to push through your comfort zone. So for me this means finishing up the run with a side ache ( which I despise). I know these will get easier I hope but for now still on track.

Run#3 7 miles:
After disusing a good route for this run with my boss, Sunday rolled around and I was trying to think of a reason to push this thing until Monday. But I bit the bullet and ran, and well, it felt good no side ache...ish just a nice slow cruising pace. I did get a little bit of a side ache and had to concentrating on breathing for about a half a mile and then I was good to go again. This run however I got some stomach pains they didn't last long but it was kinda weird. When I was done the farthest thing from my mind was food. Which is weird because I have mentioned I sometimes run to eat:) but I thought if I ate I might puke. My run was 1:22.56 long and so I may have needed to take a supplement when I was running but oh well the feeling passed and I had a great dinner about 1.5 hours later. I think it may be time to start really looking into what I am eating on my long run days. Also my activities the night before probably didn't help I did a little "fast living". While I was making dinner I looked down and before I knew it I had powered down a bottle of wine. I then thought, what am I going to drink with this delicious steak I just grilled. Instead of making the wise decision (water) I decided in my one bottle down the hatch state of mind that wine would be delish!! So I may not have prepared myself in the best way possible for a nice little 7 mile jog, but I finished and it was not too bad, lesson learned.
-RR-

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the eating on your long days. You should research it. Makes a ton of difference. I always took a power bar for my long walks. That would be sort of tough to eat running. Get some power gels. Really! A whole bottle of wine. Really? That " Probably" didn't help. Of course it didn't help.

    ReplyDelete