Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Run... Boring.

Well if you are looking for a lough you will not find one here today.  If you have followed my blog at all you will know that I have already done the whole running thing.  I figured things out the hard way (most of the time) about clothing choice and the advancement of anti-chafing products ( body glide is the best!!!!).  So the only thing you will get here is I ran at the gym on the treadmill and watched the Bachelor.  It was just a 5k run with a quick walk (.25 mile) for a warm up and a long walk (.75 mile) as cool down.  I will have to admit they have TV's on the running machine (that's what I some times like to call the treadmill its not always my best friend).  So I may have been sucked in and walked a bit longer at the end to see who getting a rose and or who Courtney was being a jerk to.  I may not be able to blab on about the running but the bachelor I could talk for hours.  My run seemed to fly by with all the who's he kissing now, to really?! you are riding a horse through a river to meet everyone (even I thought that was a bit high on the cheese factor).  But when all said and done I felt good and headed home for my post running ritual, icing.  I have had injuries in the past and so now I am in the preventative measures camp.  I ice my knees and achilles after every run.  Can never be too cautious.
Today I am going to swim so you may get a good story or two tomorrow.  Here's to hoping I get my swim cap on in one try!!
-RR-

No comments:

Post a Comment