Monday, February 6, 2012

Getting ready.

2 Weeks until full blown training and I have gotten all of my ducks in a row.  I had a quick Vegas trip Where I would say I got mentally prepared for my workouts meaning I did zero physical activity while I was there.  I lost a little weight in my wallet but I did not make time for a work out.  Trying to win back your own money is a time consuming activity.  Upon my return to the Emerald city I went right back to the grind.  I did a bike run combo work out I did a cross training cardio gym class.  I exchanged my new bike shoes for ones that were one size bigger, I have not been able to ride my bike because my shoes have not fit correct and well, it has been raining here for days, years, weeks, months.  So on the first sunny day I went and got my shoes.  So with my new shoes prepped and ready I did my first clip-less bike ride on Saturday, it was a lot more successful then I thought.  I had zero incidents but then again I was on a trail and only had to clip out once so I foresee there being some hangs up next time I am on my bike.
Then it was time for Super Sunday. I started my day with a 45 min swim and then I headed off to a Super Bowl party, to cheer on the Pats and well that didn't go over too well.  I made a bet that I would shave my head if they lost, but I made this bet when they were up by 7 or 8 points in the 3rd quarter..... Turns out that was a dumb bet to make.  After the game I sat down in a chair in front of everyone and the clippers came out and one small patch of hair was snipped off.  During this time I was crying for the thought of not having to use a swim cap again for a couple of months was not so appealing.  But thank goodness that is as far as it went and I got a hug and a I'm just kidding I am not going to shave your head.  Looked like it was my lucky day. After all of that drama had settled down I headed home for a good nights rest and a full head of hair to attack the work week.  Trying to squeeze as many work outs in this week before I take off to Houston for a nice vacation, when I am there I will only be able to run and swim so I will be trying to get more bike time in this week.  Slow and steady wins the race.
-RR-

1 comment:

  1. You went to work with a full head of hair. hahahah

    I am going to look for the angel on my blog. Much healthier than a witch.

    ReplyDelete