Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Miss Calculation surprise

So when counting back from my race I must have messed up because I thought I started my official training on the 27th of Feb.  Not so much I actually do not start until March 5th.  With this in mind I am feeling pretty good. I feel like I have enough time to get myself where I need to be in a slow and steady wins the race type pace.  I was able to swim on my vacation and did pool workouts every other day.  Better then nothing and a easier way to keep my strength up, than pounding the pavement in the rain.  I am goign to work on more running and speed work so that I am not slugging along on my running and I'll be looking at different races to keep me on track and motivated. 
Jitters-
I know I have not been giving any real workout up dates and I probably will be veg with them until I can upload my schedule.  So I thought I would go through how I am feeling about this HUGE commitment in front of me.  There are many things in my life that are important to me and my social life is one of them.  I love staying busy and hanging out with friends and family.  There have been very few times in my time here in the Emerald City that I have said I'll pass I want to stay home and chill out by myself.  I am up for anything an impromptu road trip, baseball game, concert or movie just to mention a few.  As my starting line is getting close I know that I will be making some sacrifices in this department, and I am not so sure how I feel about it.  I know with my training schedule I will need more sleep and probably less time kicking back beers with friends on the weekends. To say sorry I'm heading home I have a long run tomorrow will be the hard part for me.  I did this during my 1/2 marathon and it turned out just fine but that was only 12 weeks and not 6 workouts a week with double days. So this next 20 weeks of work then training then friends may be difficult especially when you throw a vacation and an out of town wedding in the mix.  But all in all I am getting excited to see what I can push my body and more importantly my mind to do.  The days are getting longer here and with every day getting about 3 minutes longer, I can almost see my after work runs and bikes fitting in nicely.  I already have butterflies in my stomach thinking about how much I will indefinitely learn about myself during this journey. It is right around the corner and I can't wait to begin.

1 comment:

  1. Doing this by yourself is amazing. You are amazing Katie. I know you will do it!

    ReplyDelete