Monday, March 5, 2012

And away we go....

Day number one of training starts today with a 40min run and a long swim that will cover over 2200m.  It is official I am now training for a half ironman and I will tell you that I am soo excited and very nervous at the same time.  I recently did a workout with a friend and their personal training and I will tell you what, my core and my fitness level are not where I want them to be at all.  I have been so concerned with my pre-training and being able to do activities for a long amount of time that I have neglected other things I must work on.  An example of this being ask me to run for 45 mins or an hour I'll say yeah I can do that no problem (ish beside the whole I hate running thing).  Ask me to do 3 wind sprints and I will pass out right in front of you.  Or ask me to do bicycle crunches and in the following days I'll find it hard to get in and out of bed and curse my friend for making me laugh my abs are so sore.  So I have learned a lesson that I wish I had learned about 4 weeks ago but you know better late then never.  I need to work on core strength and interval training BAD.. So I have a goal to have my core stronger in 2 weeks and I will test this by trying my hand at the work out of death again in 2 weeks to see how I compare to my last effort.   If you are wondering how my last effort went, well I started the workout at 6pm and ended it at 6:25pm because I felt like I was going to fall right over due to fainting.  I am now armed with core and strength routine to help with my over all fitness and to help me kick butt on my next workout of death test. 
My prep in other areas has been going well and I am ready to do the damn thing.  I have changed my diet up  cutting out alcohol and watching my protein and crab intake, and making sure to eat after workouts.  I have a standard shake in the am to start my day off right, and I can feel a difference in my energry so the only thing left to do is a one day a time workout attidude.  So here I go wish me luck with my goal of compleating a 70.3.  I just want to finish it and I'm hoping i do not have to walk any of the run besides aid staions.  The calm before the storm has begun and I know I am not even sure what I am in for but I am ready to do it...  "The more we sweat in practice the less we bleed in battle." - unknown
NO WHITE FLAGS!!!!
-RR-

No comments:

Post a Comment