Monday, March 26, 2012

Last week of phase 1

My training is broken up in to 4 phases.  So You have different goals for each.  Phase 1 has been building and its purpose is to get used to the program and working out kinks in the schedule.  I have one week left of this which may be a bit more difficult with a trip to Denver built into it.  I have done research and there is a 24 hour fitness close to my sister's place so that is great news.  The only thing I will struggle with will be biking outside this may be a week of spin bike action.  I am very excited because my Mom will be there and she will be be able to watch me swim, for free (free, works well with the budget).  Things have been going well less adjustment needed this week but still things get shuffled a bit.

Biking:
Biking has been a hard thing to get going I am looking for a route that does not have as much stop and go action in the beginning. I have to go out and find a trail I can ride for a couple 3 hours at a time and get my bike computer (this is the next thing on the list) up and running.  Like actuality buy one which will be happening with my next pay check.

Swimming:
I have found I really like swimming it is a challenge but relaxing at the same time I think because it is so quiet and it is just you and your swim.  It is very nice and I feel like I can do it even with some aches and pains so I never really worry about injuring myself more from doing it which is also wonderful.

Running:
I have been concerned with my hip issue and so I got a message and took my long run off this week and gave my hip some rest I hit a couple of 30 min runs and they felt great so I'm hoping that is how things stay.  I am learning to listen to my body and not push it to the point of no return (something I learned about in my last adventure).

I am still excited about this whole goal and have been getting better about what I am eating/drinking (no alcohol for this girl but brownies are fine),  how much I am resting and what other activities I am in like slow pitch softball.... I used to play "real"  softball so when I showed up to my games I used to just walk on the field and go for it. That is no longer in the plans I am the old guy that runs before the game and stretches so I do not hurt myself for training.  That is my biggest fear, hurting myself doing something stupid.  Not much else to report on.
-RR_

No comments:

Post a Comment