Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend Update

Friday night time trail 1000m: 
I got to the pool late after meeting some friends for dinner and laughs.  So I hopped in and was all warmed up and off I went. I got done I was feeling great looked down at my stop watch and NOTHING!!! SAY WHAT!  This was my first official time trial and I was looking forward to seeing how I stack up with the average swimmer.  You know if I have a lot of work or I am on pace.  I was heart broken but got over it cause in all reality I did it in some amount of time but my skills are still the same even if I don't know what that time was.  It was also 5 to midnight so I was ready to be done and go to bed. I had a ride scheduled with my boss at 7am so that was fast approaching.  But I did not want to miss out on my Friday night tradition of gyming it up.
Saturday's Ride:
Well like gang busters we were off on our 30 mile loop around lower Lake Washington.  Not but 4 min into the ride I notice that I can not shift into my smallest chain ring my boss said you don't need it anyway its for cheaters, I don't even have it. So onward and upward. About 2 mins after that I blow out my back tire. Needless to say this ride was starting a little rough and by the end I could only use my big chain ring and was really building some serious quad muscles.  We shaved ten mins off our ride time from the week before. So that was a bonus the negative is that my gear shifter is jammed and I currently only have 3 option for riding: hard, a little less hard and easiest of the hard.  On the list to get looked at sooner then later.
Sunday 10k race:
I was not in good spirits about this race from my race packet pick up process.  It was in a mall with terrible parking so after wondering around a parking garage for about 20 mins then finding the store in the mall my simple packet pick up was a 45 min excursion.  Once I was in the store things were moving quick it was just all the extras. Oh yeah and a major highway was shut down in Seattle and there was only one way to cross the water.  So the return trip to Seattle took me 45 mins for 8 miles. Not fun. So last night I crawled into be at about 10pm to try and get a good night sleep because the 5:45am wake up call was going to come quick.  I woke up had some breakfast and headed out.  Everything this morning was well organized and it was great little race very hilly and so I took it easy on the down hill because of my hip pain.  It was a slow race I added 8 mins from my lst 10k so I have some running work to do but we all knew that.  Still no walking and so I am happy.
Sunday softball:
Now I am off to play in my slow pitch game my legs just feel fatigued I have taken some ibuprofen and am hoping that will do the trick to off set soreness until tomorrow.  I think that my rest week/weekend should have had more rest. I ran 20 mins more then I was supposed to and rode 45 mins more than I was supposed to.  But hey, ya do what ya got to do.  I need the motivation of doing group activities hence the group ride and 10k race.  Happy Training everyone
-RR-
P.S. I really feel like a rookie runner this time around.

2 comments: