Friday, April 13, 2012

Week of travel and beyond.

Well I managed to get in one work out on my trip to Denver and it was in the pool.  I was doing a ladder type workout and it was tough when doing speed drills it was hard finding the O2.  My hip still is bothering me when I am running so I have been neglecting that discipline (safety first). When I returned home after a ton of fun time with my family I put on my game face for training once again.  I have been on track for the most part and did an 80min run with no hip pain until the next morning so that was good news. I will be participating in a 40 mile ride this Sunday so I am looking forward to seeing how I stack up.  This will be a good gauge to see how my training has been going and now that I am all tricked out on my bike with a computer and what not it will be easy to track as well.  I will be up and at em around 5am so this should also be good race day prep for nutrition and pre race rituals.  TMI WARNING: Also I have learned that the word rituals in running and triathlon just means "going to the bathroom".  This is why people get up and eating so fast in the am, so all business is taken care of before race time.  Sorry for the over share but its so true the more you train and hang out with distance athletes the less privacy you have about those type of things.  Comes with the territory I guess.  I know I have been a slack fest on the updates but I have really just been in the swing of things. I still do not have a great schedule I am following.  I need to be a bit more consistent but if I am getting the miles in I don't care at this point.  I will be sure to give a race/ride update on Monday until next time.
-RR-

No comments:

Post a Comment