Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Doctor's Report Part 1

So last Thursday I went back to the doctor to see what our next step was going to be. I reported on my test run and told him that I still have pain no where near where it was but still can't run. HE was debating on whether I need MORE/Stronger steroids to take or pain meds, but before he was going to make any decisions he wanted to have me get a bone scan. So yesterday I headed to the hospital to become radio active and have them scan my right foot. I got there at 830 am and the injected me with a tracer (that would be the radio active part of the process). After that they took a few still shots of my foot then off I went to work. I had to go back at noon to get the the bone scan part of things. They took 5 different picture that took about 15 mins each and they are looking at where the blood is concentrated because that will indicted a brake or injury. So as of right now I am doing the waiting game. The people at the hospital have to go over the scan and write a report then send it to my doctor who will then figure out a treatment plan. I should hear from my doctor by Thursday I am hoping. The bad news with all this is that i am still int he boot and the doctor say no half marathon for you!! he said that I will not be healthy enough to run/walk it so looks like I am going on a Denver vacation on instead. I can't handle all the inactivity so maybe not to the best of doctors orders but close I have been biking and rowing at the gym everyday and concentrating on lifting. Last weeks routine was 20 mins on the bike and 20 mins of rowing.. this week I will be upping the ante and doing 30mins on the bike and 25 mins of rowing. Until the doctor's phone call on Thursday.
-Rookie Runner-

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you will be hanging out with Mark and the boys in the cheering section. That is too bad, though. Maybe the Seattle marathon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering about the scan. Sorry about Denver but it will still be a blast! Let us know what the doctor says!!!! The MOM

    ReplyDelete