Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Days, Years, Weeks, Months.

It had been ages since I have checked in with the blogging world it is just a lot harder to talk about lifting and ab workouts which is all I have been up to these days. I made a trip back home last weekend to attend a wedding and sing. So I skipped a training day but I am back on the straight and narrow and have been hitting the every other day work out pretty consistently. Due to the fact that I am lifting I have been doing it every other day for recovery. Right now I have an ab video with 3/10 minute work outs and I start with one of those then I stand up and do my Dynamic stretching (not static stretching which is holding one position for 30 secs or so). Dynamic stretching is when you do butt kicks, walking lunges, high knees and skips, and do them slowly and the gradually speed up. It warmps up the muscles and get your heart rate up. I tweak some of the stretching due to the boot and I do not want to over do it. Then after that I head into my heavy arm work out and my legs. I am pretty limited on my legs only can really do two lifts but its better then nothing. After all the heavy lifting I go back to my abs I have core exercises I have to do for my back ( I have a birth defect that has cause one of my vertebra to shift 50% out of place). So to the balance ball I go concentrating on balance and form then I hit another ten minute ab routine to finish up the work out. I am getting bored with this little workout plan and I got a once in a life time offer from a gym near my work ( 2 block away) and jumped on it. All fees waved and the first month free and its cheap too so I will be canceling my Netflix and a tanning package ( mom I don't use it very ofter because it is not healthy gym much better choice) I have had for some time now so it will be a wash. This will be nice because it is so close to work. Lunch hour workouts coming at ya hot. I have a lot more verity at the is gym and I will be adding rowing into my non running workouts now that I have a gym. When this is all said and done and I am back on my feet the training schedule may be altered a bit to three days running and two days of cross training. I need to work back into things slow and 5 days a week of running may have been too much to start out with. But we shall see what the doc says. Only 6 more days and I am back on the running wagon and I can't wait for it.
-RR-

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got rid of the tanning or aren't getting it again. Bad bad bad for you! It is always move motivating to go to the gym. Keep it up buff girl! Love, The MOM

    ReplyDelete