Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Test run results.

So this is how it goes. The doctor told me to go on a test run to see if I still had pain.....Turns out I do. Last night I went to the gym and gave running a shot. First off I wanted to warm up so I did a 5 min bike followed by a good stretch (My dynamic stretch routine) then I hit the treadmill and well I went for 1.25 miles..... NOT WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR.... But it didn't hurt like pain but it was bothersome so I shut er down. After that I hit up the row machine for more cadio after I knocked out 20 min there I was feeling really good and so was my ankle so I tried the out running one more time I got about .5 miles in before I knew I should stop. I lifted my arms after that and was out the door. I headed home and was feeling good about how things went no pain after and so I think I'm on the road to recovery.........Then came Wednesday, this morning I went in for a A.M. workout after getting up enjoying a cup of Joe and a nice ten minute ab burner I was ready for the gym. Today's trial was warm up on the bike for 10 mins then stretch then row for ten then run. Well today the running did not go well at all. I now have pain when I walk again not a lot I just can tell I'm injured I was only able to get in .75 miles in today. So it looks like I am still laid up for awhile but we shall see what the doc says tomorrow am. Good news is I am loving my gym and there are a bunch of things I can do there to stay in shape I will just not be in running shape but by the end of this I think I may have to join a crew team of sorts because I'm a rowing fool these days. My arms are so sore it hurts to hold them in the air for any amount of time. Just typing is a stretch but at least I do not have to lift them until tomorrow if I possibly will be able to. 8am tomorrow and I will have a game plan from Dr. B.
-Rookie Runner-

2 comments:

  1. Interested to hear what the doc has to say. Maybe you just need to rest that foot for longer?? If you keep your cardio up, you probably walk the half as long as the ankle is OK.

    ReplyDelete