Sunday, May 15, 2011

8 Miles... Check

I have recently bought some new items like Body Glide ( new found love!), wool running socks ( I love them as well), running shorts, and a GU recovery drink. So here's the breakdown. Body Glide rocks the house and the peeps that told me I have to have it were right I can now enjoy a post run shower without crying/screaming which is a high light in my world these days. The reason why it is such a high light is because after running for a solid hour and a half and or two hours the only thing that you want to do is shower off all the grossness on your body, but you know that its going to hurt so you are stuck with the debate of when to get the stinging task over with. Thanks to Body Glide, not anymore!!!!! post game shower happens as soon as I walk in the door. Now for those new shorts, well they were $10.00 bucks and so why not right I mean they were North Face so you have to buy them, right!! So I get home to try them on I bought an XL because I'd rather them be too big then too small for running. So I go to try them on and soon find myself cursing the North Face brand because I can not get them pass my thighs. I was ready to file a law suit for discrimination of fat people like what, they don't want "normal" people wearing there clothes. So I forced them up/on success..ish. I now have to waddle around like a penguin because I can't move my legs. Then I realize I have to get them off. After another round of swearing and scrolling through my phone wondering who I can call to help pull these things off of me I finally have them off. I look at the size one more time and realize I can cancel the lawsuit I bought "girls" shorts, yeah that's right they were not womans they were made for a ten year old girl yeah way to go me! Now that my self image was restored I geared up with my new socks and my recovery drink and I was out the door to my run. Post run the socks were great and the blisters bothered me but not bad getting better and these new socks were amazing. Now for the recovery drink it taste like very lightly flavored water so you can actually drink it and it was perfect no stomach cramps at all!! I have found my answers we shall see if they are still answers after the 9 mile run next week.
-RR-

2 comments:

  1. Oh great! No stomach issues! Did you use Body Glide on the blisters? Try it! It works for those blisters. You make me laugh. Lawsuit! Love it. As for your comment on my blog you are correct. It happened the same way at Danskin! Will I ever learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not want to add it to feel unless I have to the sock are working just fine for now.

    ReplyDelete