Friday, May 13, 2011

It was time.

New purchases :) Now at the risk of grossing some of you out I will not go into details ( really not bad but I'll spare you) about by foot blister problem I will just have you know that the arch of my foot is a problem or will be if I do not solve some things like socks or shoes or sweat.
So today I was with my boss and we took a lunch time stroll to my favorite store......REI!!! I got a pep talk from him on the way over, saying that maybe my bad attitude going into this establishment may have something to do with my experiences here. I reluctantly agreed but still a touch apprehensive about it. Of course today the people helping out are walking on sunshine so while I was picking out new gels, socks, chomps, and running shorts I kinda of enjoyed this place called REI....but barely. My running shorts (which I have never run in shorts ever even in Chelan Chelan the magical land when it was 90*) were just 10 bucks so I thought that was a good price for an experimental gear. On to my next item Body Glide aka the best invention in running since the shoe. I spent some time looking at my different options and was convince that this is a must have. So I walked out or REI with some new goodies for my 8 miles I will be doing tomorrow and a little better attitude about the place but we shall see if that holds up.

3 comments:

  1. my question.. more details on this phenomenal body glide you speak of! and love the chelan chelan the magical land shout out :) keep kicking butt fuller.. youre amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Body Glide. Or I like it a lot. I too like the Chelan Chelan the Magical Land! How do you think of these things?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song was made up on our first trip there about 5 years ago. A little free style guitar session:)

    ReplyDelete