Monday, July 26, 2010

2 Miles in 21mins 20sec

Well, I will have you know just because two weeks ago you could run three miles and feel good afterwards does not mean you feel the same after two miles when you have not ran in about three weeks. I mentioned that I was going to do a 2.8 mile run on the beautiful Greenlake. Well I will have you know I was running behind and made it to my game in enough time to get out of the car and realize I would have had to sprint my 2.8 mile fiasco so.... I got mentally prepared for my game instead. Tonight was my first mental battle of this program. I know that Monday is a rest day so I was about ready to say, you know I'll just start on Tuesday like the program says. I have always said that going to the gym is half the battle, just to start the habit and get there. So tonight I got on the treadmill and ran a 2 mile jog because it would have the beginning of a slippery slope if I took today off. I have also learned things in this first workout:
1-New clothes were fun!! but don't look great on, yet.
2-I need to make a plan because I don't like to miss important things like the bachelorette, softball games, and happy hour with friends.
3- pace is not an easy thing to tackle your first time out. I ran my first mile at a 9.5 min pace and the second one around 11.5. I need to keep a consistent pace and not play burn out then relax and jog.
4-I hate running and like it a little at the same time.
5- I love how running makes me feel when I'm done with it.

So that was the trial run and well tomorrow I have another 2 miles to do and I will be doing those outside and hopefully before I go to the office. My goal is to run 90% of my runs outside and never run a "long run" inside. Like I said small victories will keep me going, and tonight small victory was actually just walking into the door of the gym.
Rookie Runner-

2 comments:

  1. First "run" is already over... and like you said getting started is the hardest part. WAY. TO. GO. SISTER. You're motivating me!

    ReplyDelete