Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Official day one 2mile- 23mins 10secs

Well Tuesday the "real" start of training. This post came late because well I am exhausted. I of course slept in this morning and had no shot as running before the daily grind. So I gathered my softball stuff because I had another game after work today. Like I said you will never have to convince me to run, even sprint 60 feet. So After a disappointing lose I headed home and walked through the door around 8pm. I sat down to write a post about how the last thing I wanted to do was go for a jog after a lose and being gone from home for 12 hours. But when I sat down and opened my lap top no words were coming to mind in fact I just thought I'm kinda stoked to run off my lose and be outside. So I shut 'er down and suited up ( which is my favorite part I have decided because it's the part where I feel like a legit runner). Well I Googled my route today to see where this 2 mile a** whoopin was going to take place. I'm not so sure I got the mileage correct because today was a good running day one of those ones where you could keep going when you are done and you even pick up the pace at the turn cause you are feeling good. So I was kind of disappointed when I added 2 mins to my time, but oh well I was running right. Tonight was a perfect Seattle night and I got to run along the pier and watch the sun go down. As all this was taking place I found myself thinking about when I make the transition to "I'm glad I started this and what an adventure its going to be" from "why the "H" do I really think I can run a what I like to call a marathon.5." So while I wait for that to take place I'm concentrating on putting a smile on and just running without thinking too much. Which to those of you who know me, that may came as a surprise the whole thinking too much bit. Off to bed to rest up and forget about the bad softball game and get ready for the two I have after work tomorrow.
Rookie Runner- out!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rookie Runner. Good job gettin' out there and doing it! Don't worry about time just do it! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete