Friday, July 30, 2010

2.5 30mins 10 sec

Friday morning and I was up with the cruise ship that docks across the street from my house/studio. I had a great run this morning I listened to music and downloaded a new app for my phone to help me track my run. I think I love running to music it helps when you are on the road by 6am. This may sound a little different but I think my favorite person to listen to while running is John Denver. This maybe because it was a nice quiet morning and it was just nice peaceful background noise. So something cool happened to me this morning. I was out on my route and found I am not the only one that gets up early to get a workout in. My mom can attest to this- you know how all motorcycle riders give each other "the wave" when they ride pass one another. I'm sure you do, that is 80% of my motivation to get a motorcycle. Well motorcycle no more i got the runner's wave this morning. I was beside myself I mean I have run outside on the same path and no love....but get out there in the early..ish am and your arm get sore before your legs do with all the waving that was going on ( this also maybe because I got one on the beginning of my run the felt it necessary to spread the love). That, I would have to say was today's small victory that and actually getting up at 5:30am. One more thing before I head off I know what one of my gifty gifts is going to be (and its not small so its going to have to be a half way gift) sun glasses. Today I put mine on and well no shot for wearing those, they do not go with my running clothes at all, and they fog up so if anyone has suggestions on what a good pair my be do tell.
Rookie Runner-

2 comments:

  1. JD...I don't have any JD on my soundtrack. I have about $5 left on my iTunes gift card...off to go download some JD goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all the John Denver you listened to growing up. Things come back around you know. Know what you mean about the wave. Love the mc wave. Sunglasses. I wanted some prescription Oakleys. $600.00! Not doing that. Great sunglasses though but expensive. Get some knock offs.

    ReplyDelete