Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Plan

So, because I take a little extra motivating, I have come up with things to help me stay on track. I guess I can credit my boss for this because he is training for a big boy marathon (he completed a half about a month ago and I guess that was just not enough). So this weekend because I have to run three miles I decided to do a 5k race. Just so happens there is on Saturday night AND it is on TV so you know that means....New racing clothes:). I think that doing my run at a race will be more fun and it will switch it up a bit. This got me thinking what other races could I do along the way. So in the middle of August I have a 6 mile run to do and well there is a 10k( 6.21miles) on that Sunday. After that though its kinda slim pickings but I thought, you know, at least I have small goals and races to do to keep me going. I also think that I have a chance to get bored if all I do is run alone and in the same atmosphere. So I am now very excited about things.
Today I can defiantly feel the burn I think it may have something to do with the fact I think I am 18 and can do any activity without warming up. I'm sure the softball running combo needs to be handle a touch better, for example I get to the ball field and throw the ball for about 5 mins and call it good, no running, stretching, jumping,..nothing. I can feel it today for sure I am walking around my office like I went horseback riding last night. I think that a better plan is to realize if I do not warm up and cool down that my body will not rebound like it used to. So I should actually do a little pregame action before the softball madness takes place. Today's work out should be fast and simple it is not a standard run so I think that I'll like it a little more. We shall see it says hills and well I know I have never liked those before. I also wanted to say that after this weekend or maybe even just a rest day I plan on getting some pictures up and show you where these runs are taking place and how great my running gear is, but until then my words are going to have to be enough. I'll be checking in after my ups and downs later...literally my ups and downs. Wish me luck.
Rookie Runner-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment