Friday, July 30, 2010

Change of PLans

Cell phone pic
Today I got phone call, " hey you want to go to the ranch/camping for the weekend??" Hmm??. I knew I made plans all over Seattle but they said boats ( thats right with an s two of em). Friends I have not seen in ages, and hot weather.....Summer can come and go in Seattle so I said I'm game. I left work on my lunch break and gathered up all the things you can think you'll need (in the 10 mins you're home). Then I was out the door. I even had a bit of luck at work when my boss cut me lose early. So needless to say, that race I was scheduled to do Saturday night with the new running clothes and my big TV debut is now a thing of the past. I'm going to be beaching it for the weekend. So I leave the office and hit the road and when I'm doing my mental check list I realized I had grabbed my running shoe ( even though I'll be having fun I will be running as well) BUT left them at the office. So now I'm thinking how I can run with just flip flops then it comes to me I have Tevas in the back of my car!!! Saving grace I thought but then I was thinking I could get rocks in them it would be no good but I thought I can make it work (2 miles in Tevas?? maybe). Then I remembered a conversation I had with my friends about a year ago where they informed me that the "Teva train" had passed me about 15 years ago and if I didn't have them then, I sure as heck should not have and or wear them now. So I let my better judgement get a hold of me and I was looking for a new solution to this dilemma of mine. Then could it be a sign on the side of the road that reminded me that there was a perfectly acceptable pair of shoes I could buy off the next exit... The NIKE OUTLET there to save me. You know how I talked about those gifty gifts well today was the first day to explore what kind of gift I'd be buying myself. I knew it would be in the shoe department I just had to find a pair that would fall in the gift category. For those of you wondering what qualifies, my original plan was a gift would be around 20 bucks but today the gift was 34.99. Now I am set...ish I thought to myself...self you probably need a tank top to run in. I mean I was going to get one for the TV debut anyway so I got it for the lake debut instead. Well I am now ready to hit the road and as soon as my peeps show up with my ride I'll be on the road in eastern Washington with no service of any kind. I will be sure to keep running while I am in God's country. until next time.
Rookie Runner- Out.

2 comments: