Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Time for my First confession-



What a wonderful weekend I just had. It was so great to be out on the lake playing beach volleyball for hours and sipping on a few beers here or there. I rolled into camp at about 10 pm on Friday night and chatted and caught up with old friends, and went to bed a little too late. After a semi good sleep I was up and at em. I knew it would be along day and if I didn't run early I would not run at all. So I strapped up my new running shoes (which I found out soon enough that they are not good running shoes at all, they just look fast) and hit the road. When I can back to my 20 plus friends I got teased about my fast looking shoes that were not carrying me very fast ( so they nick named me FloJo ha ha very funny guys). That and I missed out on red beer breakfast so I may have lost some cool point again. After a shower in the lake it was time to play and that is just what we did. This is where my confession comes into play I somehow this weekend got a touch over served Saturday day/night. So my 3 mile run that was supposed to take place on Sunday didn't end up happening I needed to have my beauty rest Sunday and just relax in the sun. We did not hit the road to home until about 6pm So by the time I go back it just was not going to happen. So, week one ended with a big F+. I got one out of my two runs in and that was it. But tonight I will have better news I will be heading out to Greenlake to hit the 3.1 mile loop before I head to the Mary Chapin Carpenter concert. That's right you heard me correct. I'm 27 years of age and the highlight of my week/summer is happening tonight with a Mary Chapin Carpenter Concert. My sister and I grew up listening to her and I got free tickets at work last week so we are heading for the show this evening. This week my workouts increase by a mile from last week so this should be a good test, to see if I can really be a runner. I think the real test is just not missing any workouts which I will not do this week.
Rookie Runner-
P.S. I almost forgot this weekend I got the chance to meet a couple that trains for marathons/ Iron man triathlons. What a great inspiration and wonderful to hear all about how they attack workouts. It makes it seem that a little 3 miles run shouldn't be too hard, you got to start somewhere right??
-RR-

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I think 1 out of 2 runs is pretty decent, especially on a mini-vaca. Jealous on the concert and I am older that you (not by much, just a couple years). Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie...focus on what you got accomplished and not what you didn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts are my favorite. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete