Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tuesday 5 Miles 58:48 GIrl Talk.


This is a picture from my running route cell phone style sorry for the quality
They know what they are doing. Whoever makes these training programs knows what they are talking about because the workouts don't seem overwhelming, like I thought they would. Just enough of a mileage increase to keep you interested and excited about the whole thing. Now I know I have only run 5 miles at this point but I'm shocked at how I feel when I'm done.

DISCLAIMER: FOR ALL MEN WHO DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO SOME SERIOUS GIRL TALK OR YOU WANT TO THINK THAT US GIRLS ARE STILL ATTRACTIVE I SUGGEST YOU STOP READING IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER.

Girl talk this fine Wednesday is going to be about boobs. We all have them and they are something that we need to control during running. I have the blessing/curse of losing weight and not losing any of it in my chest. I am now on a bra hunt. When running for a hour at a time I have found that my chest will rub on any seam that is close to it and it never really hurts until after I am done. I am now on a hunt for a good sports bra that will keep me cool and eliminate hot spots. Now for all you woman out there that have any suggestions on where to start please fill me in. I know I have to get a handle on this soon because in a weeks time I am not sure I will be able to wear a normal bra to work anymore.....and well that is just not acceptable. I got a suggestion from a friend on a place to go that specializes in woman's sports and they have great bras from what I hear. Well today at work I put my measurements in their size calculator and they said they could not compute!! GREAT, PERFECT!!! Well I am going to go check this place out in person and see what I come up with. But wearing two sports bras at one time creates more heat then necessary and the rubbing and chaffing that is occurring will not fly after this week's run. Looks like I am becoming a runner and it is not as easy and as cheap as I thought this little gifty gift may cost be a bundle but if could just be worth it. I need comments on this one because I need help so I can shower without pain. Talk to me ladies.
-Rookie runner-

5 comments:

  1. I so wish I could help, but I think I may have the exact opposite problem! I would check out the store. I have heard that Nordstroms is great at doing special orders for bras if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that the sports bras that zip up the front are great... but it doesn't sounds so comfortable to have a zipper on the front of your boobs while running, huh? What about Lulu Lemon (I think thats the name?) it may cost you and arm and a leg but could be worth it. ???? Keep us updated on this situation sister! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like my under armor sports bras and I know they have a front entry (sounds like a ski boot). Spend the money to get a good one it will be worth it. Update us on the outcome. Laughed right out loud when I read that we all have them and they are something we need to control during running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking is a bit different then running I am already to the point of having red marks under my chest like it stings in the shower. I have a couple of additional spots too and its only 5 miles. I'll be getting body glide for the time being. I will be waiting for pay day to buy anything right away.

    ReplyDelete