Friday, August 13, 2010

Thursady Intervals 4 miles 45 mins

I got home from work today and it was beautiful out so what did I do, I hopped on the treadmill. Like I have mentioned the interval training is very tough to do when you don't have a way to measure your pace and so the treadmill got the bid ...for now. I Had to do 6 400m with 400m between with each and warm up and cool down. I know myself and know I would lose track so before I went to hit the gym I got a note card wrote down numbers 1 through 6 and and when I was done with my fast pace run I got to tear off the number it was great little game for me. My paper kept getting smaller and the task became more doable as time passed. When I hit my 5th interval I began to get a side ache and thought looks like I'll have to slow down my pace but then the competitive side took over and thought this is the exact moment that I am improving my running and getting a fast pace on my other runs. So I pressed on and it never became a full blown side ache and the 6th and final interval was great. Not a very exciting post but I felt good not great but good during my run and was even able to go get ice cream with some friends later that night so the switching of the rest day worked out.
-Rookie Runner-

No comments:

Post a Comment