Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mileage Stand Still

Time for a breakdown, I called my mom last night to inform her about the injury and what I have read on the internet ( which means it must be true). I found out that I probably pulled or strained my Achilles tendon, and they all say rest rest rest. NO running what so ever!! Well I never thought that if I found out I could not run it would result in tears well let me tell you it did. By tears we mean I went straight into the "ugly cry". I was debating because I will not be running if I should even do blog posts because I have looked at 65 miles now for four days straight and it has not gone up at all and its killing me. After talking with my mom i found out she sent me some voodoo magic stuff in the mail when hearing about this set back I feel a lot better. I am now going to be doing some strength training this week along with biking and anything else I can to that does not cause stress on my ankle. So as long as I can get back to running in about ten days I will be okay I hope. When I stated above that Jackie "The Mother" sent me VooDoo stuff I am reffurring to a sports cream and some small magnants. I am not sure if they will help but one thign is for sure they can not make me worse so... I am currently magnetically charged and smell like menthol. I have been icing as much as I can I am on my 2nd round of ice today and I am at the office:). I am also taking some noninflammatory meds that I got for my back injury ( situation). I even called in injured to my slowpitch games tomorrow ( something I never thought I would do) but I have to get on the road as soon as possible and because I know I am incapable of taking it easy on the field I think it is better to not even put myself out there for risk. I have some great people around me who been making sure A- I don't run through the pain and B- know that is okay to rest when your hurt ( something that is foreign to me, I mean I played softball last week after taking a ball to the jaw). I really do not want to fail and I first assciated this with failure. I don't get hurt, I don't take days off, I have a program and I am sticking with it,!! I am now starting to realize that this will only be a failure if I let it be. If I give up and say now that I have lost a week of training I will no longer be able to run the whole 13.1 miles, and give up on my goal. My goal is still to run the whole way and I believe I will still be bale to do so. So my updates for the next week or so are not going to be about running but about different types of work outs and staying active while I heal. I will stay on my schedule and stay active 5 days a week but with different things. So the emotional roller coaster has begun.
-Injured Runner-

1 comment: