Monday, August 16, 2010

The Traning Continues....

Feels like forever since I have given a update. This weekend was a smashing success. I got my two miles in early Saturday morning and I got my 5 miles in on Sunday at about 6:30am. After my early Sunday run I watched my mom complete her second triathlon of the summer. I did not think I was going to cry when she finished but as soon as I was watching all the woman crossing the finish line I was in tears for a solid 20 mins. SO when I got home I needed to reward myself after the emotional and successful morning I had just had and this Sunday the reward happened to be laying in the sun on the rooftop and drinking some beers. My run took me 1:05:00 after moving that long you need your carbs (beer). A couple of my friends stopped to helped me on this venture and then we all headed to a concert and had a great little Sunday. I know that my mind set has changed in the past three weeks. I was thinking on Sunday night that I could have a few beers because I did NOT have to run on Monday.... turns out I still had to work on Monday and that had not really crossed my mind but oh well. So I enjoyed my day off by playing in my softball game and then going out to a fabulous dinner. With all my training that I have been doing I think that I might have finally broken into the "you can eat whatever you want phase" of my training. I have turned my body into a calorie burning machine and I seem to be hungry a lot more, hence the eating whatever I want. The problem with this is that bad food does not sound as appetizing as it once did. During the day I am concerned with what I eat because I want it to be good fuel for the run ahead and I want to be sure it also sits well in my stomach (nothing like running uncomfortable). But after I run I have treated my self to a trip to the ice cream shop and the occasional French fry feast ( delish by the way). Just a couple more hours at the job then I head out for a 5miler this evening.
-RR-

No comments:

Post a Comment