Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week Two Day One


If you have been reading this blog you may have caught on to my erratic schedule I tend to keep. I always think that I have time to do it all and well, I don't. I thought that I would try and run at the same time every day and make this part of my daily routine but as you can see I kinda just squeeze workouts in between my social life. I mean come on I would hate to miss out on fun for my ever so rewarding runs I take myself on 5 days a week. I also said I was going to try and stay away from the treadmill but sometimes that is better then nothing. Which brings me to yesterday's adventure. I had let you know I would be running Greenlake a great hidden gem in Seattle (and by hidden I mean If the weather man says there is a 25% chance of sun this path is packed like bring a horn on your bike and or stroller cause things can get crazy out there!). Well in true fashion I was running late. I got home from work at about 5pm and had to meet my sister at 5:40 and thought I'll be good to go she'll be running late anyway I'll have just enough time to park and run. I may have under estimated a little thing we like to call rush hour... oops. So While driving I realized I was not going to make my Greenlake run but maybe I can just park at the zoo and run around the park there. That is exactly what I did and when I parked and looked down at the time I realized 3 miles was not going to happen so I ran for 1.5 miles. and had just enough time to meet my sister( the one on the right in the picture above) at 6 a little behind schedule but it was fine. We sat back in the park and had a great time listening to great music for about 2.5 hours then we headed home. I had a 3 mile run planned and I know that I need to work on my endurance. So going home and running another 1.5 miles and adding to the previous 1.5 I had run earlier was not going to cut it. It was dark so I headed down to the treadmill, where I decided I have to get my body used to running the correct mileage. So I hopped on and ran the 3 miles like I was supposed to, it was not outside but it better then nothing. I did this run in 33 mins so I was feeling good another small victory and back on the right path after the skipped run on Sunday.
Today I have interval training ( what I have come to call death training) it switches things up a bit but it is not easy. Today's workout will consist of 15 mins of an easy jog to warm up ( jogging for 15 mins for me is still not easy fyi). Then I proceed to run 4x800m at my 5k pace and because I skipped that 5k race this weekend I'm not even sure what that pace is. I just know it is faster then the easy jog I will be warming up with. After I run the 1st 800m I get my heart rate back down with an easy jog for 400m. This takes place 4 time then I get to cool down with an easy 800m jog. I am hoping that because I will be tacking all this information it will take my mind off the distance I will be covering (4.25 mile I have estimated). We shall see.
I'll be giving my update this evening hopefully. But I have friends coming over at 6 tonight to celebrate a birthday not mine) on the roof top. It has turned into quite the hip little joint. So once again I'll be finding a way to squeeze in a workout before the fun starts.
Rookie Runner-Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment