Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday's Morning run. 4 miles 49 mins.

Its Friday so you know what that means up early to get my run in before work. Today my goal was to be up and at em at 5:45am so I could drive to my running location. I failed at that attempt. I was instead up at 6:20am and knew that I had to hustle to make my run before work. So I had half of a protein bar and some leftover pasta from the night before ( yeah that's right I had dinner for breakfast.) I knew I need some carbs for my run and my protein bar was not going to cut it I just ate it to feel like I had something in my stomach. So I drove to GL and hit the trail I felt good during my whole run today got into the grove early but at the end I did want to stop I could have pressed on but if felt good to be done. For the first time I felt exhausted after this run I walked in the door to my penthouse suite (aka a studio of about 430sq feet), and crawled right back into bed for 10 mins After a quick rinse. I don't think I had the proper nutrition today. I needed more food before I started but I had no time for a bigger breakfast (running late as usual) and I hate running on a full stomach so that's why I had what I did, lesson learned. I was reading a few articles on training and most of them say if you send your body into a calorie deficiency while you are running you feel more tired after and have a big appetite. So the experts say you should have a good meal before running and to keep consuming calories while running (if it is over an hour) so that your body can stay as consistent as possible when burning calories. I am not quite up to the one hour mark so I have not toyed with GU gels yet but I defiantly need to be aware of what I am eating before hand. I felt like I had not slept in days and that a nap was in order but I did not have that option due to this thing called work so after my 8min power nap I grabbed a G2 and headed to Starbucks to get food and a coffee. I felt like a million bucks after the food and a cup O Joe. For those of you wondering I do not drink what I like to call "fufu coffee" I drink black unsweetened iced coffee, it gives me the boost I need with out adding all the extra crap. I am trying to limit empty calories on drinks, I'd much rather eat. Well tomorrow I have an easy 2 mile jog and then my biggest run yet 5miles I'm getting into the runner realm where when you tell people you went and ran 5 miles they say "you are a runner??" or what I always liked saying " oh really just a 5 mile jog like that, no problem yeah right I'd die if I had to do that, nice work". I'm still a beginner until I have to buy running socks and Body Glide and GU pack. MY teammates ( Jackie "the mom" and Keri "the sister") say that will all come at about mile 7. So a few more weeks and I might just be a runner.
-Rookie Runner-

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the coveted "runner" title is soon upon you. You may just be able to update your "rookie runner" signature to "amateur runner"

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep on keeping on! way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a defs a runner now I would say! You equal awesome Fuller!

    ReplyDelete