Monday, July 26, 2010

Day one!!

The shoes!! Thanks Super Jock And Jill!
The running clothes! Love them.
Well, today I start on an adventure I have protested for quite some time now. Training and committing to participate in a half marathon. I kinda like to jump on the band wagon for things and not finish them for example: I watched an Iron Man and was hell bent on doing one for about two weeks but I didn't, I also become a soccer fan right around the time of the world cup and never really watched a game after it was over. So needless to say I may not follow through on ALL my big ideas. Well Last year I said I was going to to do a half marathon in Phoenix AZ with my mom and sister. I found excuse after excuse not to do it. Whether it be work or the cost of the trip. Well NO MORE EXCUSES!! I will be doing the Rock and Roll half marathon in Denver CO on Oct 17Th 2010. I will be starting my training program today. I have done the essentials:

1-got a training program that looks fun/doable.

2-bought new running clothes so that I look cool/like a runner.

3- Started this blog to give myself some accountability.

4-Signed up so I can't back out.

5- Told My partners in Crime (my mom Jackie and sister Keri) That I am in. (They have already started training).

6-Spent more then 35 dollars on a pair of running shoes.

7-Told my place of work that I will be out of town for a weekend in Oct to run in a big big race.

8- Got the all clear from my doctor (he said the back is good to go).

9- Looking at cheap flight to Denver I think if I wait a touch longer I will have a better price.

10-Checked the Seahawks Schedule to see that they were out of town. My last excuse was all clear, they are in Chicago Hopefully beating the Bears on the 17th of October.



I am not sure that my little check list will help because I am a beginner I am really not sure what or how I am supposed to go about sticking to my training schedule. I am an athlete and have been involved in sports my whole life so I know what dedication is. I am still a little bit worried because I picked sports where the farthest you would have to run at any given time was about 60 to 120 feet. So this little 13.1 mile run is not something I can really wrap my head around. I will be posting my daily workouts and struggle that come with these so called workouts ( I know I call them workouts now but their name may change due to how tough they become). I hope you can find something entertaining and or motivating, about this little adventure of mine. I was a coach for many years so I really wanted to find a challenge for myself and 13.1 miles seems like its the one I picked. I know there will be times I want to quit this adventure so some words of encouragement are always welcome along with any tips you may have about any of this. Well I will be posting later to inform you all how run number one goes.
Until next time.
Rookie runner signing out.

5 comments:

  1. woo hoo fuller! So proud of you, you will kick this races booty!

    Cant wait to follow this little journey of yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blog!!!! I am proud of you! Just stick to your training schedule and you will do fine. Love The MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about some pictures of the shoes and cool clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be posting Picture when I get to my home I am at work right now and do not have pics with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Fuller! I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete